Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Opinion on an idea for exhaust cut out?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    If you're not familiar with it, heres one
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=5199

    First off, theoretically, do you get the benifits of an open pipe with this or will it throw off a headers tuning... - or what -- I'm asking.

    Second, since I've heard open pipes, and they are really too loud for the street, I'm wondering if you could mount a true racing muffler one part of the bifircation(Y). Very small, but would cut down on the decibels just enough. Actually, something that would get the noise down to around Harley levels. Loud, blat blat , but not excessive -- but you could use for short racing mode and get all the power you need.

    Then (flip it over to the other pipe with that switch) have a truly quiet muffler on there for all around driving.

    Opinions? Problems? Ideas?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah its called a race ready. They are really big in the Muscle car area. I too was considering that. Untill I see some dyno's showing a gain with running a open header, I won't do it. However for drag time, it would be cool! wink

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/218whp @ 5.5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

  3. #3
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too was looking at that, the only thing is the the pipe size it to small, and it would get very HOT by the header...I wish they made one like a auto NOS bottle opener... that would be great.
    ** No officer that wasnt me I have a quiet exhaust...click....VAAAARRROOOMMMM!!!!!!!**
    just me 2cents
    nick



    ------------------
    95 GSR 4-DR Greddy exhaust and header, AEM CaI, Field Vtec controller, Power slots and metal axxis pads.
    Eibach Pro springs, Tokico illuminas, Progress 22mm rear sway bar.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Summit sells a version that has bigger pipe, but is not switchable from inside.

    Greg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •